Ceremony song selection today is all about personalization. The Music can be something royal or romantic, light or deeply moving, or even just plain fun — Selecting beautiful music “sets the mood” as the gets arrive. Some guests have traveled from a great distance, some rushed in a taxi. The common element is that as all the guests arrive, from various places and in various manners… the first impression they receive may well be musical.
Imagine at the steps of the church the music reached out to the guests before they even entered and when the elevator door opens at the hotel, the music came into the elevator before the guests walked out to the hallway that leads to the ceremony.
The guests are a captive audience as they are being seated. Smart wedding couples are utilizing this “Prelude” portion of the ceremony to make their statement of a unique and personalized first impression as guests arrive. We generally are asked to perform a full half hour prior to the processional beginning.
This music can be Classical, Popular Love Songs, or even Beautiful music from Film Scores. Here are a few Film Music selections that we recommend that are very popular with our clients. – Michael Taylor
Listen to Music from Beautiful Film Scores
1. “Love Theme” from Cinema Paradiso
2. “Feather Theme” from Forrest Gump
3. “Main Theme” from Il Postino
4. “Main Theme” from Somewhere in Time
5. “You’re So Cool” from True Romance
6. “Buongiorno Principessa” from Life is Beautiful
7. “Sentimental Walk” from Love Affair
and of course, the very popular ….
8. “Over the Rainbow” version from Meet Joe Black performed by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
Listen to other Ceremony Music Ideas: more ceremony music